Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Seeing The Present For what it Is, The Past for what it was

"Seeing The Present For what it Is, The Past for what it was"

How many of you have been victims of holding on to the past. The past memories that don't brighten your day? How many girls hold on to that guy we thought we loved;But really we were just a sex object to them? How many guys are holding on to that girl we thought was the"one" but it turned out that she was just two timing you? Well this is where my topic comes in "Seeing The Present For what it Is, The Past for what it was. " I am also a victim of holding onto the past. Holding onto the one female who looked me a little to "crazy". That person who cut you in the lunch line? That one old person who gave you some "real" advice that hit home but you hardened your heart so you woouldn't recieve it? Holding on to the past memories of the girls who did you wrong in highschool. We have to see the past for what it was! I am a christian and this blog will pertain to the word of God and what he has to say. Im praying that i will be able to be used by God to minister to you. =]
The definition of present is; being, existing, or occurring at this time or now; current: the present ruler.
The defintion of past;gone by or elapsed in time: It was a bad time, but it's all past now.
I have been faced with so many obstacles in my life. There were times when honestly i felt like why does God even care about me. There are so many more people who deserves his love.
but Galatians 3:26-29 Children of the Most High God
26:For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
27:For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
28:There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.29:And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.
Those scriptures that we just read was reassurance for me, knowing no matter how the devil tried to get in my head I WAS ALWAYS WORTHY OF GOD'S EVERLASTING LOVE; AND SO ARE YOU! Everday i remind myself that jesus died on the cross for me! Just for me that in itself is a hallejuiah moment. Have you ever taken the time and just tell GOD thank you for waking me up, For giving me movement in my limbs. Letting my family be okay!! When was the last time we have done it.
If we already know that God is worthy to be praised then why can't we stop whatever were doing to say a quick prayer of thanks.
There were times in the past when I would do everything in my power to avoid people; Just so that i didn't have to see their face or remember the things that they have done to me. But when i fully committed my life to God; He changed my thoughts && my actions.
I'm so glad that i have a changed mind set of if they apologize or i apologize it's over its in the past, and im moving on. There's a quote"Life must be understood backwards; but... it must be lived forward. " We learn from our mistakes and we move on. We cant ontinue to be stuck in one spot because of what happened in the past. We were once on fire for God then we slacked off; Stopped going to church, not paying attention to the word. Then we have a change of heart and want to get back to the spot we was in God. We can't get to our destination focused on the part where we stopped"it's not where you start, it's where you finish" So im just encouraging you to get where you want to be in God! I promise that it won't be a easy path to take. Like my cousin lauren told me"Your on this path to christ, and people will be throwing curve balls at you, and if you keep your eye on the prize(God), you will get your reward of eternal life"."Life is a journey which paths we take, what we look back on, and what we look forward to is up to us. We determine our destination, what kind of road we will take to get there, and how happy we are when we get there.”

No comments:

Post a Comment